Sunday, December 9, 2012



Smooth Fox's Baby Love Blankie Review
Mine
Hers
 








 
 
I made this for a friend of mine who just had a baby girl. It worked up really fast and was pretty easy. The pineapple type stitch in the middle was fun to do and there's an interesting stitch that transitions the color changes. I had some trouble working rows 6-8, but I think that had more to do with my watching reruns of Castle than the directions.

 

@ Row 5

 

 

 
@ Row 14
 








 
Long Double Crochet ( At color changes)
Plus my sexy jammie bottoms :)
 

 

I used Caron's Simply Soft in Rose Garden and Annie's Attic in Teal and Vanilla. The yarn is Worsted Weight (4) 100% Acrylic. Which I thought is a good choice for a baby blanket. The cost of the pattern is $4.95 and it uses approx 410 yards of the two main colors (Rose Garden and Vanilla) and approx 50 of the accent color (Teal). 1470 yards of yarn total. I had leftover stash yarn from other projects and I don't count that kind of yarn in the cost of the project as I've already counted it into the cost of a previous project. But the total cost of the project would be between $25-50.00 depending on the type of yarn you wanted to use and where you bought it.

 
I 'm very happy with the way the project came out. The only thing I would change is using the Annie's Attic yarn, it's just a little too scratchy, in my opinion, for a baby blankie. A few washes should soften it up a bit, though. This would be a really good project for somebody who's a beginner, and wants to try to play with different stitches.

 
I will definitely be making this again.The pattern was well writen, to understand, easy to do and looks just adorable. I give it five skeins.

No comments:

Post a Comment