Monday, February 11, 2013

Sardines!



Hello everyone, sorry it’s been so long since my last blog. I’ve spent January working on several projects and just haven’t finished them yet. I shall post when I get them done.
   
Todays Curious Project was actually made for a friend. He has a very popular blog called Mouth Full of Sardines (http://mouth-full-of-sardines.blogspot.com/) which is about, you guessed it, sardines!

I, myself, have never much cared for the sardine. However, this pungent fish in a can has a huge following. I shan't pretend to not be jealous of the sardine blog. As I am, viciously. He gets mail from all around the world. Ya'll, people send him cans of smelly, oily fish to eat.... erm... maybe I'm not so jealous now that I think of it.

 Anyhoo. Drew actually read my Poinsettia blanket post and sent me a pic of crochet sardines in a can. To which I said “Omg!” Followed by a frantic search of said crochet project with directions other than French. Happily, the search was short as I found the pattern on the Lion Brand Yarn site.





This was soooooo easy to do! The can isn't as boxy as I would like it to be but I still think it's cute. The  yarn is left over from the spiral blanket project . Its Annie's Attic in Gray 100% acrylic. The sardines are in Red Heart Blue Suede which is for was for another curious project. It really just takes scraps of yarn.

I am hoping this starts a trend of non edible sardine themed gifts to my friend. I just feel his life will be more complete with a house (and not just a mouth) full of sardines!

1 comment: